The illustrious Aquarius, celebrated for their innovative thinking and commitment to helping humanity, as embodied by icons such as Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Harry Styles. Aquarius has a unique personality, and in this article, we explore all the unique characteristics that comprise their unorthodox way of doing things. We also debunk common stereotypes and examine their compatibility with other signs. By the end, you’ll know what makes them stand out among the twelve zodiac signs – enjoy the read!
|DATES||January 20 – February 18|
What Is An Aquarius Personality Like?
I always like to describe the Aquarius zodiac sign with the three “i’s” – innovative, independent, and intellectual. The typical Aquarius personality also enjoys exploring new ideas and concepts.
Many Aquarians enjoy pursuing humanitarian work, and with their great thinking outside of the box mentality, they make for great people helpers. However, they can be difficult to connect with emotionally because of their drive for freedom and space.
Main Aquarius Male Personality Traits
Male Aquarians share many of the same personality traits as their female counterparts. However, they are not the same! Here are some main personality traits commonly associated with male Aquarians signs.
- Independence: These males enjoy having their own personal space and freedom. They will march to the beat of their own drum, often exploring on their own.
- Intellectual: Male Aquarians have a distinctive thirst for knowledge. They constantly explore ways to expand their understanding of the world around them. They are also very acquainted with various subjects – allowing them to have a great general knowledge.
- Humanitarian spirit: Of all the male Aquarius personality traits, their strong sense of compassion is probably my favorite. They are very community focused and are often drawn to causes that promote social justice and community welfare. They always extend a helping hand to those who need it.
- Creative thinking: The typical Aquarian is very innovative. They can come up with unique solutions no one else has even thought of. This makes them a great addition to have in your business.
Main Aquarius Female Personality Traits
Aquarius individuals, regardless of gender, are known for their unique and independent nature. Female Aquarians typically exhibit a range of personality traits that can vary from person to person. Here are some of the most common female Aquarius personality traits.
- Empathetic: Female Aquarians have a deep understanding of others’ emotions. They are driven to help those in need and make for great support and friends. A great example is Oprah Winfrey – an Aquarian who loves to help people in need.
- Independence: Female Aquarians find independence of the utmost importance. They are strong, independent women who value their personal freedom and want to make their own decisions.
- Socially engaging: Although they have a strong sense of individuality, the female Aquarius loves socializing and meeting new people. They often participate in group activities.
- Creative: These women possess a natural flair for creativity. They excel in artistic endeavors or finding innovative solutions to problems.
3 Bad Personality Traits Of An Aquarius
Here are the 3 worst personality traits of Aquarius signs.
- Emotional detachment: Sometimes Aquarians struggle to express emotions. This can make it difficult for them to establish a deep connection with someone.
- Stubbornness Like the Capricorn, the Aquarius is also very stubborn. This is because of their strong sense of individuality and desire to make their own decisions. Aquarius is also a fixed sign like Taurus, Leo, and Scorpio, which makes them resistant to change.
- Unpredictability: As already mentioned, Aquarians are great at thinking outside the box; in other words, they have an unconventional thinking method. This may result in erratic behavior sometimes, which can frustrate and confuse the people around them.
When Is Aquarius Season?
Aquarius season begins directly after Capricorn season, which is from January 20 to February 18. The Aquarius is the eleventh zodiac sign. A common misconception about Aquarius is that people often think it is a water bearer because of the “aqua” in the name. But it is actually the final air sign.
3 Common Aquarius Stereotypes
Stereotypes are real & are far too common in our society. Here are the most common stereotypes that are associated with male & female Aquarius signs.
- Being emotionless: While they might struggle to express emotions and form deep connections, it doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. They simply process their feelings differently than most signs. In truth, Aquarians are deeply empathetic and compassionate.
- Always rebellious and unconventional: While Aquarians excel at thinking outside the box and challenging the normal way of doing things, i.e., the status quo, it doesn’t mean they are constantly seeking ways to break the rules or rebel. They can be extremely cooperative – don’t mistake their independent thinking for defiance.
- Cold and unapproachable: Yes, Aquarians do appear aloof at times, but this is because of their need for personal space and their hunger for consuming knowledge. Aquarians are friendly individuals and open to forming an emotional and intellectual connection with someone – they just have a unique way of doing it.
Aquarius Compatibility Explained
1) Who Are Aquarius Friends With?
The signs listed below are most likely to become best friends with an Aquarius sign.
- Gemini: Both Gemini and Aquarius are air signs and share a strong intellectual connection. They often engage in stimulating conversations and enjoy each other’s independence and interesting sense of humor.
- Libra: Libra’s diplomatic nature compliments Aquarius’s progressive and humanitarian side – leading to a harmonious friendship.
- Sagittarius: These two signs share a love for adventure and freedom. They often stimulate each other’s curiosity, and their enthusiasm for learning only strengthens their bond.
- Aries: Both Sagittarius and Aries are fire signs, but Aries is the more passionate and energetic of the two. This can lead to a dynamic friendship between Aries and Aquarius. They both value independence and inspire and challenge each other.
2) Who Do Aquarius Date?
Aquarius is compatible with various zodiac signs, except earth signs, as their shared resistance to change can lead to heated arguments and friction. Therefore, Aquarius tends to have the best relationships with the following:
- Libra: Diplomatic nature of Libra creates a well-balanced relationship with the progressive Aquarius.
- Gemini: They form a strong intellectual connection and respect each other’s independence. Overall, Gemini horoscope signs make for an adaptable and flexible pair.
- Sagittarius: These two will never grow tired of each other because they both value freedom and adventure. Hence, their shared curiosity and enthusiasm will enable them to grow together and share new experiences.
How To Make An Aquarius Happy In A Relationship?
Aquarians thrive on freedom and independence, so anything that allows them to express their unique perspectives and ideas is sure to bring them joy. They are also very social and enjoy spending time with like-minded individuals who share their interests and values. Dating an Aquarius man is an experience unlike any other. Aquarians are often drawn to causes that support human rights and social justice, and being able to contribute to these causes in a meaningful way is also likely to bring them happiness.
List Of Famous Aquarius Celebrities
- Oprah Winfrey – January 29, 1954
- Michael Jordan – February 17, 1963
- Bob Marley – February 6, 1945
- Alicia Keys – January 25, 1981
- Cristiano Ronaldo – February 5, 1985
- Ellen DeGeneres – January 26, 1958
- Jennifer Aniston – February 11, 1969
- Justin Timberlake – January 31, 1981
- Shakira – February 2, 1977
- Harry Styles – February 1, 1994
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Aquarius a water sign?
Despite the name, Aquarius is actually an air sign.
What is Aquarius really good at?
They excel at coming up with new and innovative ideas. Aquarius is renowned for thinking outside of the box.
What annoys Aquarius the most?
Aquarius values their freedom – eliminating their freedom of expression and independence annoys them the most.
What is the ideal career choice for an Aquarius?
Aquarius is perfect for careers that involve social activism, humanitarian work, science, and technology. The most important thing is that Aquarius is in a career that allows them to express creativity, problem-solving, and desire for positive change.
The Bottom Line
So, there you have it, the Aquarius is very independent and has a high intellectual curiosity. They also sometimes struggle to share their emotions with people, but this is because they process their feelings differently – they are actually very empathetic!
The perfect partner for an Aquarius is either a Gemini or Libra, but Sagittarius is also a great match. If you are an Aquarius and want to meet the perfect match, or you are one of the zodiac signs mentioned above and would like to meet an Aquarius – then you are in luck! Our tailor-made astrology dating app helps you connect with 1000s of other like-minded people with the aim of finding the perfect zodiac-compatible match. Try it out today; it’s free, after all!