The Virgo sign is the sixth zodiac sign. The first mention of the Virgo can be traced back to a couple of millenniums. A Virgo personality resonates with loyalty, care, logic, and modesty. But what exactly are the characteristics of a Virgo in both men and women, and who should a Virgo date and not date? In this article, we answer all these questions and more, so sit back and relax as we analyze the Virgo sign.
|August 23 – September 22
History Of The Virgo Zodiac Sign
The Virgo Zodiac sign has a very interesting history. Just like the other horoscope signs, Its earliest known origins can be traced back to ancient Babylonia. The Babylonians recognized a constellation in the shape of a young woman. They called it “The Furrow” or “Ab.Sin” – symbolizing the goddess Shala and her association with agriculture and fertility.
Jump a few centuries, and we go to Greek mythology. The Greeks associated the Virgo with the goddess Diameter, the deity of fertility, agriculture, and harvest. They also made an association with Astraea, the goddess of justice and purity. She was the last immortal to leave Earth when the Golden Age ended, turning into the constellation Virgo. They called this constellation Parthenos, meaning “maiden” or “virgin.”
Another civilization known to have seen the Virgo as significant was the Romans. The Romans associated Virgo with the goddess Ceres, also the patron of agriculture, motherly love, and grain crops.
Virgo Sign Dates & Constellation
This earth sign is the sixth sign of the zodiac. Virgo season spans between August 23 – September 22, and people born in this period are considered Virgos.
The Virgo constellation is located in the Southern Celestial Hemisphere. It is the second-largest constellation in the sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, it can be best observed during autumn and early winter. In comparison, it is visible during late spring and early summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
Virgo Personality Traits For Women
Here is a list of the most common female Virgo personality traits. People that have dated or are dating Virgo women know these traits to be accurate!
- Perfectionist – Of all the earth signs, Virgos are probably the most concerned about perfection in everything they do.
- Loyalty – Virgos are renowned for being loyal and extremely supportive, especially in romantic relationships. If you want a partner who can offer you advice and is always there to lend a helping hand, then a Virgo is your best bet.
- Modesty – Virgo friends are typically very modest – not preferring to be the center of attention. Virgos tend to be simplistic and enjoy living a down-to-earth life.
- Analytical and Practical – Whenever I think of Virgos, I think of the Vulcans in Star Trek. Like these Vulcans, Virgo women rely on logical reasoning, and carefully considering each aspect of a situation is vital before making any decision.
- Well-organized – A Virgo rules when it comes to planning and managing time and resources efficiently. They are well organized and extremely focused on details – complimenting the perfectionist and analytical Virgo traits mentioned above.
Virgo Personality Traits For Men
Here is a list of the most prominent male Virgo personality traits. Anyone who has dated Virgo men knows these traits to be true!
- Supportive – Similar to Virgo women, Virgo men are also known to be extremely supportive in relationships. They strive to ensure that their partner is well taken care of.
- Modest – Virgo men tend to be more introverted than some of the other zodiac signs. They prefer staying modest and reserved – keeping a low profile away from the spotlight.
- Reliable – A Virgo’s word means everything to them. They follow through on the promises they make. In the material world, they are some of the most dependable of all the astrological signs – taking their commitments seriously and fulfilling their obligations.
- Hardworking – This compliments the reliability trait perfectly. Virgo men are renowned for being dedicated and have a strong work ethic. They will go the extra mile to achieve success.
- Logical – Similar to Virgo women, Virgo men like to think analytically and reason with logic. They are incredibly good at solving problems. This is why Mercury is Virgo’s ruling planet because it is a logical planet.
Bad Personality Traits Of A Virgo
Unfortunately, as with all astrological signs, Virgos also have bad personality traits. Some of these bad traits include the following:
- Perfectionism – Yes, it can be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes Virgo’s pursuit of perfection can make them set unattainable standards for themselves and others – leading to disappointment and frustration when these expectations are not met.
- Reserved – If they are too introverted, they can struggle to open up, making it difficult to form a deep connection with them. They can also give an impression of detachment or being cold.
- Overly critical – Virgos have an especially keen eye for detail, and combined with their desire for perfection, can make them overly critical of themselves and others. Instead of appreciating the positive aspects, they will hammer on the flaws and imperfections.
- Rigidity – Virgos have a certain way of doing things. They struggle to adapt or deviate from their routines and plans. This can be especially true when a partner moves in.
- Overly cautious – Virgos’ logical reasoning can make them overly cautious, very similar to a Capricorn personality. This can sometimes lead them to miss opportunities or experiences due to fear.
Who Should A Virgo Date?
Here are a list of zodiac signs that are compatible with a Virgo.
- Cancer – Both these two signs are caring, nurturing, and loyal to their loved ones. Cancer’s emotional nature perfectly balances and compliments Virgo’s logical approach. A Cancer astrology sign’s sensitivity can help Virgo open up and express their feelings.
- Capricorn – Capricorns and Virgos are both practical, ambitious, and have a high work ethic. They can motivate each other to achieve their goals.
- Taurus – Like with Capricorns, both zodiac Taurus and Virgos are earth signs – this can lead them to have a strong and stable relationship. A Virgo can get easily anxious; therefore, a Taurus’s sense of calm and stability can complement the Virgo.
- Scorpio – Both signs are extremely analytical and value loyalty. Scorpio also has a deep sense of passion, which can help a Virgo open up and express their feelings.
Who Is A Bad Fit For A Virgo?
Now that you understand Virgo compatibility, you’ll need to know who they won’t match with. Here is a list of the least compatible zodiac signs with a Virgo.
- Gemini – These two signs have different approaches to communication, and this can lead them to clash. Also, Gemini zodiac signs have ever-changing interests and can be overwhelming to the methodical Virgo.
- Sagittarius – This fire sign is known to be adventurous and spontaneous – two things that do not resonate well with the Virgo’s more cautious and organized nature.
- Aquarius – The Aquarius signs are known to be independent, innovative, and unconventional. Virgos like stability, routine, and practicality. This difference in personalities can make it difficult to manifest a harmonious relationship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Virgo’s soulmate?
A Capricorn, Taurus, Scorpio, or Cancer.
Are Virgos controlling?
Virgos have a detailed-orientated and perfectionist personality. This can make them appear controlling because they want things to go their way.
Do Virgos get jealous easily?
Yes, Virgos gets jealous easily. This is because of their over-critical and sensitive nature.
The Bottom Line
Virgos make for great romantic partners, especially if you want somebody to care considerably for you. However, you should make sure your personality compliments their nature and way of doing things.
Do you feel a Virgo might be the right romantic partner for you but don’t know how to contact one? Well, you’re in luck. Stars Align is the perfect astrology dating app – helping the right zodiac signs find their match. Additionally, the app is packed with features such as natal charts and horoscopes. Why not try it? Thousands of others found their perfect match through the platform.