Passion, ambition, and loyalty… are all things Scorpios excel in. It is safe to say that Scorpios are probably one of the most interesting zodiac signs out there. Their blend of personality traits makes for exciting and determined individuals. Join us as we delve into the passionate and ambitious world of Scorpios, where we uncover their personality traits, compatible signs, and the history of the Scorpio.
What Is A Scorpio Like?
The Scorpio is the eighth sign of the zodiac. These individuals are often very intense – they are your typical competitive players and are known to take most things very seriously. They are also renowned for their passion and determination. This helps them achieve their goals relatively easily.
A Scorpio thrives under pressure and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Scorpios are excellent entrepreneurs, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them as partners in a teamwork-orientated board game.
Male Scorpio Personality Traits
Here is a list of the main male Scorpio personality traits.
- Ambitious: Most male Scorpio traits favor an entrepreneur or business owner mindset. Scorpio males are determined and goal-orientated. They strive for success regardless of the pursuit. Scorpios always set the bar extremely high and do everything they can to reach it. They often lack the playful personality of a Gemini!
- Intuitive: Scorpio men are natural learners, quickly picking up new skills. They are also very adept at reading people and situations.
- Passionate: As already mentioned, Scorpios are very passionate about friendly and romantic relationships, hobbies, and work. They are well known for having strong emotions and deep connections, especially with people they care about.
- Loyalty: Once you get a Scorpio male friend or partner, you know you have them for life. These individuals are extremely loyal to anyone they care for deeply. The only catch is that they expect the same level of loyalty in return, but rest assured, once you have a Scorpio male’s loyalty, he will endure thick and thin with you.
Female Scorpio Personality Traits
Here are some of the most prominent female personality traits of a Scorpio.
- Determined: Like their male counterparts, female Scorpios also strive to succeed in their aspirations. They are especially resourceful when under pressure.
- Perceptive: Female Scorpios are even better at reading people and situations than male Scorpios. This helps them navigate through complex social dynamics.
- Loyalty and Passion: Scorpios have that mama bear mentality – whenever their loved ones need help, you can count on her to be there to support and protect them. Like their male counterparts, they are also very passionate about anything and anyone they pursue.
- Independent: Remember I mentioned that they don’t make good board game partners…well, this personality trait is a reflection thereof. Scorpio females prefer to rely on themselves, choosing autonomy and independence over teamwork, as they get frustrated by people if they don’t do it correctly or to the same extent as them – this can be a good and bad personality trait.
Bad Traits Of A Scorpio
Here are some of the bad traits of a Scorpio. Remember, this does NOT mean that Scorpios are bad!
- Mysterious: People have a hard time reading them or understanding their feelings. This is because Scorpios keep their emotions tightly sealed, often being secretive.
- Jealous: A Scorpio partner can have very intense emotions; their passion and determination may sometimes cause them to feel jealous or possessive.
- Sensitive: Although Scorpios might appear as tough as nails, they can be sensitive under the surface.
Which Signs Are Scorpios Friends With?
Scorpios actually have a lot of compatible signs with regard to friends. Here is a list of with which zodiac signs Scorpios are compatible:
- Cancer: As you know, Scorpio is a fixed water sign, well a zodiac Cancer is also a water sign. This makes them naturally compatible. They both have the innate ability to understand each other’s emotions. They form deep bonds and provide mutual support.
- Pisces: Pisces is another water sign; they are often empathetic, compassionate, and sensitive. These personality traits complement Scorpio’s emotional depth perfectly. A Pisces and Scorpio bond is probably the strongest of all the fellow water signs.
- Virgo: Virgo belongs to the earth signs of the zodiac. Despite the difference in fixed signs, they are both dedicated and analytical. Virgo zodiac signs often form strong bonds based on shared interests and values. They are probably the only teammate Scorpios really gets along with.
- Capricorn: A relationship between a Scorpio and Capricorn sign is based on shared ambition, determination, and loyalty. A friendship between a Scorpio and Capricorn will almost always succeed because both are goal-orientated and motivate each other to achieve their aspirations.
Just like we learned in our article about what zodiac sign is compatible with Aries, we know that people need to be compatible on a physical & emotional level!
Which Signs Are Scorpios Romantically Compatible With?
Most of the friendship signs are the same as the romantic signs. It is important to note that no fire signs are included as they are generally not compatible with the fixed sign, Scorpio.
- Cancer: These two signs form a deep emotional connection in a romantic relationship. Their relationship is built on trust, loyalty, intimacy, and security.
- Pisces: As already mentioned, both these signs are sensitive and emphatic, enabling them to build a strong and emotional relationships. Both are very perceptive, which allows them to understand and support each other emotionally.
- Capricorn: Apart from building great friendships and possibly businesses together, these two signs also make for great romantic partners. Their understanding of ambition, determination, and mutual respect allows them to support each other’s goals and aspirations.
- Taurus: You might be wondering why I am including Taurus, which is the opposite sign of Scorpio. Well, these two signs actually make for great romantic partners – their differences complement each other really well, creating a balanced relationship. Both signs value loyalty and emotional security, which allows them to form a strong foundation for their romantic bond.
History Of The Scorpio Zodiac Sign
Like many other zodiac signs, the Scorpio’s origins can be traced back to ancient Babylonia. The name is derived from scorpion men guarding the sun god Shamash. These scorpion men’s heads were believed to touch the sky.
In Greek mythology, the Greeks believed that the goddess Artemis sent a scorpion to kill the skilled hunter Orion. The reason Artemis did this is because Orion claimed he could kill all animals on Earth. When Zeus heard of this scorpion, he placed him in the sky. He also placed Orion in the sky, running away from the scorpion during the summer months.
Scorpio Dates Explained
The Scorpio is ruled by the planets of Pluto and Mars. It spans the 210-240th degree of the zodiac and sits right between Sagittarius and Libra zodiac signs.
Anyone who is born between October 24th and November 22nd belongs to the Scorpio.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the typical personality of a Scorpio?
Scorpios are incredibly passionate, determined, loyal, and intuitive. They can also quickly become jealous and are often seen as mysterious when in fact, they are just private people.
What are Scorpios good at?
Money Scorpios are known to make money easily because of their ambition and determination. They are also good at providing emotional support and being loyal to friends and their significant others.
What is the best career choice for a Scorpio?
Scorpios are ideally skilled for being entrepreneurs and running their own businesses because of their determination, ambition, and passion.
What type of person becomes a Scorpios best friend?
People who also have ambition, loyalty, determination, and a deep sense of emotional understanding and commitment.
The Bottom Line
Scorpios are amazing people. Once you overcome that initial mystery barrier and gain their trust, you will have yourself a lasting friend…or even more. If you are interested in meeting a Scorpio but don’t know how then look no further…Our amazing dating app, “Stars Align,” helps you find the perfect match based on your zodiac sign. This dating app is specifically useful for helping you connect with like-minded souls. Ohh…did I mention the app is packed with powerful astrology features such as birth charts and horoscopes?